Creating a compelling video involves careful planning, creativity, and attention to detail. You can save yourself a lot of editing time if you take the initial time to plan and prepare your video content.
- Define Your Purpose: A well-defined objective will guide your content creation and keep your video focused.
- Know Your Audience: Tailor your content to resonate with them and address their needs or concerns.
- Plan Your Content: Create a storyboard or script to organize your ideas and visuals.
- Keep it Concise: Attention spans are short and you start losing views after the first 30s. Certain platforms can only take videos under 1 minute length.
- Showcase Visual Appeal: High production value can significantly enhance the video's impact.
- Incorporate Storytelling: Engage your audience with a compelling narrative.
- Pay Attention to Audio: Invest in a good-quality microphone and ensure background noises are minimized.
- Include a Call to Action: Whether it's visiting your website, reading an article, or sharing the video, a call to action adds purpose to your content.
- Optimize for Mobile: Ensure your video is mobile-friendly and can be viewed seamlessly on various devices.
- Test and Iterate: Seek feedback from a diverse group before finalising your video.
- Check Closed Captions: Errors in your closed captions can be an unnecessary distraction from your message. There are tools available to make the process of generating, editing, and uploading closed captions a bit easier.
Videos that are short and effective in their messaging are valuable resources that can be used on many different platforms.